The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre is now accepting applications for participation in Art at the Pumphouse our 14th annual juried, original art show and sale on Saturday August 3 and Sunday August 4, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We will have sixty professional artists from across Ontario, exhibiting a wide range of original, hand-crafted works including paintings, photography, sculpture, jewellery and more.
We welcome returning artists and look forward to showcasing new artists. It is free admission for visitors to the show and we also have a Waterfront Bistro featuring food, wine and beer for sale.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR:
- The Niagara Pumphouse is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and will be showcasing the 25 finalists from the Walker Industries Art Competition Exhibition during the Art at the Pumphouse show. The awards ceremony will take place on Sunday August 4th.
- We no longer require participating artists to make a donation for our fundraising draw.
- We are budgeting to spend even more money on marketing and advertising this show.
- We have 3 different options for vendor spaces A, B C area - Please right click on map
or refer to map on the website for more details
- Application deadline: April 26, 2019
- Applicants must upload a minimum of 3 high resolution images for promotional material.
- All applications will be juried.
- Upon acceptance, payment options will be sent to you by email.
- Accepted artists will be notified by email on May 10, 2019.
If you have an idea for a NEW class, workshop or lecture you would like to offer at The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre, we invite you to fill out and submit the Instructor NEW Program Proposal Form below.
For returning Instructors submitting a new program proposal, you have the option to add OF (On File) to fields where that information has not changed.
- Instructors must upload a minimum of 1 high resolution images for promotional material.
- If applicable please attach a materials list for students
A juried competition with $3,000 in total cash prizes!
This competition is open to emerging and established artists anywhere in Canada.
Deadline for submission is March 30, 2019.
Entries will be judged on:
- originality and strength of concept
- technique/handling of medium
- clarity of expression
Artists may choose their medium and subject matter. Painting, sculpture and pottery are welcome.
A jury of six renowned experts in the Canadian art field will select the top 25 finalists for a one-month gallery show at the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre during the month of July 2019, in conjunction with the 14th annual Art at the Pumphouse Original Art Show and Sale, August 3 and 4. The decision of the judges is final. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be able to offer your entry for sale during the one-month gallery exhibition. Terms and conditions will be provided on June 15, 2019.
Finalists are responsible for delivery and pick up of their works to and from the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre, 247 Ricardo Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0.
- Top prize of $2,500
- Second prize of $250.
- Third prize is a “People’s Choice” award of $250, with the winner to be selected by secret ballot of guests to the gallery and Art at The Pumphouse Original Art Show and Sale.
How to Enter:
- Complete the application including payment of C$25.00 by March 30, 2019. No extension will be granted.
- One entry maximum per person.
- Include 1 to 3 images of the entered piece of work, as well as a brief bio and an artist’s statement (100 to 200 words each).
Finalists will be notified by email by June 15, 2019.
Acceptable dimensions of entries:
- Two-dimensional art must be no smaller than 8” and no larger than 36” in any dimension.
- Three-dimensional art must be no larger than 6 ft high X 2 ft long or wide.
Image requirements for entries:
- JPG files should be under 5 MB. Please ensure image is clear and has no distracting elements (like walls, furniture, etc.).
- For promotional purposes, finalists will be required to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file by June 15, 2019 – for example, 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8×10 inches (2400×3600 pixels), ideally, and 5×7 inches (1500×2100 pixels) at minimum.
Employees of the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre and Walker Industries, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.